Friday, April 03, 2009

Fabric ban broken.....

Thank you all for your lovely comments about Nan's passing away. *sigh* The funeral is not till next Thursday, we are waiting for some of my cousins to travel in from other parts of Australia. Can I be excused if I say I just don't want to talk about it today. I feel I need to blog though as I keep coming in here to see Nan's face in the last post's photo. And I made a terrible fau par last night when I came home from work and Dad had dropped off some paperwork from Mum for me and I read it and then said to Daz "So do I call Nan about this?" and then realized I can't hit "Nan" on the phone auto dial anymore....

So what is a girl to do at a time like this? Fondle fabric thats what. I did admit, what 2 weeks ago, 3? (Is it that long??) that I was on a self imposed fabric buying ban. Well I didn't last as long as I intended.... Opps!

This 6.5 yards of yumminess arrived from here last week. I brought it the day before my self imposed band though so this doesn't count! I purchased with the intention of making a stacked coins quilt for Matilda's bed. But thought it needed some plain homespun to go in with it, break it up.

So on Monday (after we visited Nan in hospital and left in tears knowing it was most likely the last time we'd see her alive. By we I mean Ads and I, no kids, no husbands, just 2 sisters visiting their Nan,) we went fabric shopping on the way to lunch. I got my homespun and was suprised to also find 3 other Amy Butler prints there as well. So I just had to break the band!

So all stacked up together it looks like this! Busy, busy, busy!! Stacked coins pattern out the window, won't work.

So now I'm thinking it's too mute for a quilt for Matilda's room, so I am going to add it to the list of quilts to make for our bed. I found this pattern in the fall 2008 edition of American Patchwork and Quilting, nice and bold and quick blocks, should really show off the prints.

So after the next week when things have calmed down a bit, I'll get the rotary cutter out again...

6 comments:

Xena said...

such pretty fabrics too.

Cass said...

Love all that Amy loveliness and have many of those myself

Little Munchkins said...

Gorgeous! I am on a fabric ban too. So far so good!

Anonymous said...

I've just been buying the same fabrics for the same project - a quilt for our bed. Although I bought more of the indigo ones.

I'm planning on using the Happy Hour pattern. Nice big blocks. Simple.

Shari said...

lovely fabrics and a little retail therapy is good...

that pattern will look great with those prints...

Hugs

KateKwiltz said...

Fabric: the best therapy there is. Those are beautiful!