Monday, April 27, 2009

Krommama's Quilt!

Remember back here when I blogged that I had finished two maverick star dolls quilts? One for me and one for Sarah, Krommama on flickr not to be confused with Sarah who I am doing the swap with that I mentioned in the last post.... If you click on the link it goes to a great shot of her table with all her placemats on it and some yummy pizza! Anyway, now it has safely arrived on her table, I can blog it.

I was pleased with the back. I had enough sides left over to make up a square block big enough to put the label on in the square. Didn't think to take a photo when I had finished though....

Some detail of the quilting. I am loving that Jump Rope Katie fabric at the moment, I seem to be including it in every quilt sewn.

And here it is with its "twin". Mine is hanging above the ironing board at the moment, really need to move it to the wall.

8 comments:

Trisha said...

Both quilts are so cute! You are so good about making a twin to keep. I wish I would have done that every time I swapped.

Cathie said...

OH, amazing quilting! I love that way you went around the stars and then meandering in between on the white with variegated thread! I have a wonky stars/log cabins top that is almost done and now I can't wait to steal this idea and get it finished! Very, very pretty colors, too.

Car said...

I love the way you've done your quilting on this Helen! Very effective :)

I love those maverick stars, might have to add it to the dream list eventually!

Vicki W said...

The quilts are adorable!

byneedleandthread said...

love it! and i can't wait to see the other "Sarah" quilt!

Sarah said...

it's wonderful! the quilt is perfectly made! and it's on the table : ) thank you again helen!

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm here by way of Sarah's blog. Your quilts are fantastic. I love the colors and how you used different sizes in the centers. truly wonderful.

susan said...

gosh helen, they are gorgeous!!
what a great idea. the back is super purdy too