Friday, March 13, 2009

Self Imposed Fabric Buying Ban Starts NOW!

It doesn't take long through the joys of the quilting forum chat rooms, for the word to get out that some bolts of delicious Amy Butler have arrived at Textile Traders. Milly and I drove straight there after dropping off Grace at school, no rush or anything... We walked in their door and OMG!! There was a lady standing at the counter holding the bolts I wanted!!! I was very good, I didn't rugby tackle her or anything like that, I picked up another bolt causally and then stood at the other counter and said "a metre of this thanks and then some of everything she's got!" We soon walked out with the above goodies. I have some of the green prints coming from here that will hopefully next week.

So much fabric, so little time! I realized later today that in two months time exactly I will be going here. Two months hey...... I am not buying any more fabric till then! Two months, can she do it?

9 comments:

AJ said...

Can you do it!! YES YOU CAN....

well maybe....

lol

Donna said...

These are gorgeous! And I think you can, but hey, if you can't, we'll pick you back up after you've fallen! What's a quilting family for, anyway

Meredith said...

Kevin will be proud of you for keeping the economy afloat. Well done for complying.

Shari said...

It's always great to get great fabrics at a good price. Hopefully you can hold out until May... maybe I'll see you there!

Cheers!

Cass said...

Very, very nice. Be strong.

Desiree said...

Sure you can do it. Unless of course you need just a tiny bit of some kind of fabric to finish a project, and then of course you would have to buy it because it would be a shame to leave something lying around unfinished! LOL *wink*

Lily Mulholland said...

Oooh delicious eye candy. So glad no rugby tackling was required!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Great fabric. And I love the wonky stars, which I notice have beautiful background fabrics

Petra said...

I really like the photo. Quilting is my passion, so I am not sure if I could wait so long.