Thursday, January 15, 2009

WIP Wednesday - Week 2 - Free Piecing Flowers and Windmills.

I know, its Thursday! What can I say? Blame it on the heat! For those of you that have popped in to see the Rainbow Log Cabin all stippled and finished, I'll have to admit, its ready to go, all folded up, new needle ready to put in the machine..... But it is too hot! The weather is interferring with the quilting! I read somewhere on a blog or in a magazine ages ago about lady who sews just quilt tops in summer and then piles then up to do all the quilting and binding in winter. Makes sense here at the moment. Cause what am I doing? Binding! The last two sides of the Mystery Quilt to go then all done.

So I have been amusing myself with playing with idea's for a few swaps coming up. I wanted to do a free form flower. No pattern, sew, slice, sew, slice. I came up with the above. Looks more like a railway crossing sign! Or a windmill Grace said, never ask a 5 year old!

So I sliced it in half again and came up with this. I think it needs one more petal above the stem. I like it.

4 comments:

Tine said...

I like your flower too!! And I like the look of the mystery quilt :)
Too warm to quilt, I am wearing pretty much all my woollen clothes at the same time, it is so cold here today :(

Leah said...

Mystery quilts looks fab - can't wait to see the finished product :)

Lily Mulholland said...

How about a leaf on the stem! It's far too hot to quilt here too.

na said...

That is a beautiful quilt, love the flowers.