Friday, January 23, 2009

Project Improv!


Over the last week I've seen the blog button for Project Improv on a few favourite blogs and wondered hmmmm, what's this about? At first I thought it was a little private quilting bee that I tend to see out in flickr/blogland with all the groovy/cool quilting bloggers and always get into late to join. But then realized I can still play on this one, so I signed up. Yahh!

The "rules" are basically to make one improvisational piece. I can do that! And to make one "log cabinish" block for charity, I can do that too. I'm working on the binding of Grace's Rainbow Log Cabin at the moment, I'm going to miss it when it's gone from my WIP list, so this could cure me for awhile. I've always liked the idea of wonky houses, but never got around to it. So thinking out aloud before I get anywhere near sewing it, I'm thinking for my project of wonky improvised houses, maybe a wall hanging, a welcome to our home hanging?

I made the top two star blocks a few days ago, playing around for fun. They are quite small, 2 to 3 inches. Playing around in Photoshop earlier I copied and paste them together to make a little mini quilt, if only it was that easy to whip up a quilt!

Okay, back to my red binding. Grace has her fingers drumming on the sewing table!

6 comments:

Shari said...

Cute star blocks - you could print your mini quilt out onto fabric...

Cass said...

Great improvising Helen

Rachel Ellington said...

Your stars look great!

KateKwiltz said...

Great stars! Glad you've joined us!

jmb_craftypickle said...

Oh I am so glad that you are joining in! I love your stars.

susan said...

lovely!!!
i think i need to make some of these