Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Week 47 - WIP Wednesday - Mrs's K's quilt finished

Well its not technically a WIP, as this quilt is finished! I finished Mrs K's quilt last night. Which means I can sigh with relief, phew, only one more quilt to go before the end of term. I am pleased with this one. Not at all my usual colour palette but I like it. And without beating my own drum too much, I am chuffed that with each quilt I finish, my skill is a little better, not that many tucks where I haven't smoothed the fabric down! I took it up and showed Mum last week when I was still sewing down the binding, and started to show her the faults in it. She waved it off saying "If Mrs K isn't a quilter, she won't notice!"


I love the back too! Not only cause the quilting itself shows up nicely, but cause thats where the label is! How cool is this label? I got Grace to draw a picture of Mrs K, here she is in her garden with her pretty flowers (jumping for joy as the school year is nearly over I think!). I then photographed it, went into Photoshop and added the type, then printed it out on my usual tshirt transfer way and then blanket stitched it on. I used Joy's tip of vizeofixing it into place which worked well.

Now all I have to do is wrap it and get Grace to keep it a secret till we give it to her on Monday.

15 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh what a lovely job you have done ont his helen and I love the label that you have made with Grace's drawing! And LOL - Where are you AJ - I thought that you stalked Helen on Wednesdays!

AJ said...

That label is super special Helen!! I love Grace's drawings!! You have done a fantastic job as usual and the colours work well together.

Emma said...

Great work, and such neat quilting! I love the label; very special!

Ruth's Place said...

Beautiful quilt, and the label is wonderful.

Andrea said...

Oh Helen,
As a teacher myself I just know how special a gift like that is. I just love the quilt and the label is so original and special.

Austysmum said...

The quilt is just stunning and the simple but very neat quilting really shows off the beautiful fabrics. What a fantastic idea with the label, very special indeed!

Zegi said...

What a lucky teacher Mrs. K is!(assuming Mrs. K's a teacher, of course.)

Little Munchkins said...

I love the sweet colours of the quilt. And the label is a great idea.

atet said...

Mrs. K's quilt is wonderful! And how special to include Grace's drawings!

Leah said...

Helen - I don't know about getting better every quilt as I have loved all of them but you surely do some exquisite work. I adore the label. Maybe you could get a photo of Mrs K as she opens it? I think it might be a Kleenex moment. And thanks for O/L help too! x

Helen in the UK said...

What a FANTASTIC label. The quilt is lovely, but this will make it extra special :)

Unknown said...

Oh Helen, that label is so fabulous! You and grace should both be proud!

Samantha said...

is fabulous by itself, but that label takes it to a whole other level! WOW!

Unknown said...

Isn't it fun when our kids can join in and feel part of it too?

Helen said...

Thanks girls for your lovely comments. :)