Wednesday, October 17, 2007

WIP Wednesday Week 41 - Quilting for Caitlin



I feel a bit bad at how long this quilt has taken. Poor Caitlin is now 4 months old! I apologised to her Mum this morning and she laughed saying it was okay, as she has only just moved into her cot!

I decided to do some simple diagonal quilting on this one, used the trusty old quilters masking tape to guide me, although there still are some wonky lines! I did a quarter of an inch inside the letter blocks and then all around the name, so the diagonal stitching doesn't go all the way to the edge of the block, stops a quarter of an inch in. I think another two weeks and it will be ready to go to its new home. Hopefully.....

6 comments:

AJ said...

looking good Helen..so girly!!

Samantha said...

Such adorable colors! I'm sure Caitlin and her mum will love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours!

atet said...

An adorable quilt -- and a great fix! Love this project!

Unknown said...

This looks lovely Helen. I think I need to get myself some of that tape, anything that helps keep my lines straight has got to be worth it.

Helen in the UK said...

So glad to see you found and fixed that little hole before it was too late! Great idea to use the tape for the quilting :)