Sunday, April 03, 2011

The Naked Bed Challenge!

I got excited last night to see on Sarah's blog she is hosting a Naked Bed Challenge! Going along with the idea that those who quilt don't have a quilt for their own bed should make one for themselves. While I do have a quilt for our bed, this one here, I was shocked the other week to be told by my darling husband that the quilt in question was ugly and he didn't like it, despite having slept under it for the last 18 months! hmff!

But it is the perfect inspiration for me to pick up this quilt again which was started back in January with the purpose for our bed. Rainbow squares. I have already made 5 blocks in each colour, I now have to trim them, sash them with a crisp spotty white and then I'm going to raise the bar and even try and quilt it in the time frame....... I have two months from yesterday. Come and join in the fun!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

husbands!! sill it is a goodexcuse for change. love the bright colours. cherrie

Truffle queen said...

What do men know?! lol A blessing in disguise - made you get down to business with the top you started a few months back! It's beautiful!

Wendy said...

this is going to be beautiful.....husbands really have no style sense do they!lol.....your other quilt is lovely too.....