Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DQS 10 from Marilyn.

My dolls quilt from the DQS 10 arrived a few days ago. And I will admit I have been busy with Grace's birthday and the unexpected but lovely arrival of the in-laws to stay for a week and so I am only getting around to blogging all it's beauty now! It is from a lovely lady called Marilyn and when I opened it up there were lots of ohhhh's and ahhh's of excitment!

I opened the box to see all this beautifully wrapped parcels. Everything was colour coordinated and a little note explaining how she saw all the pink and orange in my photos and it gave her the idea of a California sunset. The colours she has used are just stunning.

She even sent the girls a bundle of goodies too which was very sweet. Very, very sweet. These girls love these swaps more than I do as they usually seem to score something in the package for them! I don't expect this, I think the stunning quilt is enough, but it is always a lovely, touching thing to do. Thank you Marilyn. x

And I got goodies too! Marilyn is from California and so she enclosed a beautifully photographed book on California. And she had made a mix tape of all these songs about California! Classic tracks like California Girls and Hotel California. It is great! But wait, there is more! Also a lovely bundle of fat quarters by Anna Griffin from her Riley Collection.

One last shot.... *sigh* Lovely! Thank you again Marilyn!

9 comments:

Spiced Coffee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spiced Coffee said...

Helen, I'm SO glad you love the quilt! I had more fun making this one than any quilt I've ever made! It was meant to be hung the other way, with the colored squares casting the grey shadows below them, but I love seeing it this way, and how that gives a different illusion all together! I guess there isn't really any right or wrong way! I'm so glad the girls enjoyed their surprises too!

Michele said...

It's spectacular! What a neat partner you had.

Poppyprint said...

This is the most perfect quilt for you!! Love it, great job Marilyn. And how fun for the girls to get some special gifts, too. Swap success!

Unknown said...

WOW, what a fabulous swap package. The quilt is fabulous! Orange and pink is my favourite colour combination at the moment.
And so many lovely extra treat. Lucky you! And lucky little girls as well!

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

I love this little quilt - the sense of perspective keeps catching my eye when I look at your thumbnail on my blog. What a generous package too.

Millie said...

Outstanding! How so seriously gorgeous! Lucky you! What an awesome collection of goodies too!

AJ said...

SO YOU! The gilrs look pretty pleased too!

Samantha said...

That is lovely! I have given up on swaps after too much sadness- but then I see amazing things like this and reconsider!