Saturday, September 26, 2009

DQS#7 From Louise.

I sort of forgot that I was going to receive a dolls quilt for Round 7 of the Flickr DQS. Well, receiving was on the back list of priorities as I still have 4 bebe's out of the 26 that were in my little group that have not received their quilts. It makes me sad and angry when people don't keep up their end of the swap by not sending on time. Or worse, not sending at all! I'm worrying about them missing out. Anyway, I don't want to start ranting about that, I want to gush about the lovely package I got in the mail from Louise! Louise is one half of the talented duo Audrey and Maude, she kindly put a few of her patterns in my parcel too, and a beautiful fat quarter of Kaffe which will go in the collection of Kaffe fabric. I was delightfully suprised to get this in the mail, lucky me!

There was lots of oh, oh, OH, OHHHHH's as I opened this up on Thursday. It is just so beautiful, it is so ME! Louise has done a fantastic job, great combination of my favorite colours, goes wonderfully with the crisp white, throw in some Kaffe and it is just perfect!

Here's the back. Hanger already sewn in, ready to hang! Thanks Louise, good thinking as once we get our new place, I am hanging up this one!

A close up of the front. I just love it!

And another close up! Love it, love it, love it! Thank you once again Louise. :)

My quilt arrived at it's home safely. Terrie has it up on her wall already, here. This swap is nearly wrapped up. Time to do it all again early next year!

13 comments:

Selina said...

Just beautiful! Lucky you!

willywagtail said...

Isn't it wonderful to receive something from someone who has the knack of knowinf how to interpret your desires. Lovely colour contrasts. Cherrie

One Flew Over said...

You lucky lady!! Love this x

Cass said...

Helen I love it and it is so you. Lousie has done a great job.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! :)

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh Louise did a beautful job on that mini Helen. No wonder you like it so much! And I love her Christmas tree pattern too.

wishes, true and kind said...

You really got a cute one!

Andi said...

It's really beautiful.
Louise has done an amazing job.
Enjoy!!
Andi :-)

Natalie said...

Just lovely, I too thought it was very you as soon as I saw it! Beautiful work Louise.

Amanda Jean said...

what a wonderful little quilt! from a very talented quilter/designer!

Stephanie Hughes said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors, you are so lucky!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Glad you did get one, but I'm sad for the others too. I wish there was a way to prevent people flaking out. ..

Louise said...

I just got back from holidays and what a lovely post to read. I am so glad you like it! It's easy to make something in colours you love yourself and I love the challenge of trying something new! I hope all your people get a quilt - I'm happy to whip up another if needed!