Thursday, August 20, 2009

Success...

We have success! I laid the circles out on the white square last night and looked at it and then it clicked, why don't I just fold over the edges of the curves of the flying geese and sew that directly onto the square? So I pinned it down and sewed...... it wasn't great but much better. But then I thought I really should get my machine back so I can use my walking foot. So this morning I went up to my folks place where my machine has been holidaying for the last 8 weeks since this, brought it home, thanked Nan's Janome but put the cover on it and put it away, put my machine back on the table, snapped on the walking foot and wolah! I think this is as smooth a curve as I am going to get. I'm happy. Yahh!

So I am going to unpick that first circle I did without the walking foot and resew it with the walking foot..... And pick the other one as well totally and do it this way. Enough blogging, lets get unpicking!

11 comments:

Tine said...

It is looking wonderful!!!
Someone is very lucky to get this! I still treasure the rainbow flying geese you make for me. I look at them every day - I hung them over my sewing table :) As a great source of inspiration

Mark said...

It looks fantastic!! (I may be repeating myself there!) Im really glad you managed to get it sorted!!

Andi said...

Looks awesome!!!

Donna said...

The unpicking is no home but yay for you for coming up with a solution!

Cass said...

Wow that is awesome Helen, I love it

Kris said...

I'm so glad you got it sorted out! It's going to be fantastic!

One Flew Over said...

It looks fantastic! I am sure your swap partner will be VERY pleased

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

nice solution!!

Unknown said...

Yay!! It looks great Helen :)

Lily Mulholland said...

Great solution Helen. Looks good.

AJ said...

I hope your swap partner appreciates all the effort Helen!