Friday, August 01, 2008

Today's Mail and A Winner!

What a day of wonderful mail that arrived on my doorstep today! It felt like Christmas! Where to start?? Mini Quilt Swap first.

This stunning mini quilt is made by the lovely Lisa. Its just so me! She has done a fantastic job, neat stiching, perfect colour choices, it is a beauty, I love it! Thank you so much Lisa! And she spoilt me with these extra's below!

Two magazines which I have already post it noted 2 "must make" quilts from. I love quilting mags from the States, they seem so fresh. Lisa also made two little bags for the girls and popped some stickers in them, I could only grab one bag for the photo as Milly has taken the other bag and all the stickers out the backyard as I blog this.... Dangerous maybe, I'll find stickers all over the dog most likely. Anything for 5 minutes peace though! Thank you again Lisa, it was lovely getting you for this mini quilt swap.

And also this massive box arrived from Tasmania. The only person I know in Tassie doesn't blog and isn't crafty so I was puzzled for a few seconds and then it clicked, Cass's swap box! Back in May Cass organized this swap, take 3 things out, put 3 things in send to the next person. What a cool idea hey? I am definately taking that little red softie out, she is too cute!

And the most important news I have left to last, the winner of the blogiversary giveaway! Lisa's cupcake bag came in handy already as I put all the slips in there. Milly drew out.... JMBMommy! Congrats JMBMommy! :) I'll email you shortly. Thank you for all that left a comment. Rather overwhelmed at all the comments. Next year I'll do a bigger quilt for the blogiversary, wonder what the next year will hold.

8 comments:

Tine said...

What a beautiful miniquilt! Lucky you! And congratulations to the lucky winner of your giveaway....

AJ said...

so cute Helen and so YOU!!!

Lisa said...

so glad it arrived safely! I have one for myself that I started while doing yours but have to quilt it. Didn't want to show it until you got yours! Have a good weekend!

Cass said...

Helen the quilt is definitely you. The box is looking good, I can't wait until it gets back to me

Emma said...

I love the miniquilt! Very fresh and ever-so-sharp!

Cher said...

how fun to find your blog-I am a brights person too and visited Perth back in 2003-lovely city. your quilts are all such fun!

Belinda said...

That is a gorgeous mini-quilt, and couldn't be more suited to you.

Lucky you!

Meika said...

I'm glad the box got there ok! I thought it might take a while to get from tassie to WA!