Sunday, April 24, 2016

Vegas Baby!



I have just come back from 7 nights in Las Vegas. My best girlfriend turned 40 in early April and it has been her dream to go to Las Vegas for her 40th. Back in December we booked and finally the day came on the 10th. It was a whirlwind girls trip, there was 5 of us in total. Lots of cocktails, dancing, shopping. Saw some shows - Elton John!! - went to the Grand Canyon via helicopter, just amazing. Before we left though I did some research into quilt shops of the area and was pleasantly suprised to find a lady who actually runs a quilt shop tour! So she picked me up from my hotel in her mini van with a quilt painted on the side, went to another hotel to pick up another quilter and then drove us to Quiltique. OMG, such a beautiful shop. I exercised the credit card there!


This is just a handful of what I purchased there. I mainly went for charm squares but did get a few yards of blues and two layer cakes and some magazines as well. Then after that we went to the Christmas Goose quilt shop. Going from their website I didn't think I would find anything there I liked, bit to brown for me. But I was wrong..... Came out with quite a few fat quarter bundles.


This was all my haul! Now to start sewing!

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's a great service - someone to drive you around to quilt shops. I bet a lot of tourists would love to have someone else show them around without worrying about getting lost, etc. and the businesses would be able to get more revenue. Great haul!

Robby said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot there in Vegas! How fun.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a wonderful trip and how awesome that you have fabrics to remind you of the adventure!

pasja said...

Cudowny sklep:)

AJ said...

Love love love it all! Happy sewing!