Sunday, December 30, 2012

Quilting with My New Spool Holder!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions over to add another row or not. I went for the opinion that matters the most.... the husbands! LOL He took one look at it lying on the floor laid out and said "Nope, its finished." So I peiced together a backing from the stash, sandwiched it, loaded the FMQ foot and started quilting. I was thinking stipple, nice and quick and easy but ended up doing largish, loose pebbles. 8 bobbin changes later and the green was done!

Then for the row of yellow. I didn't have enough yellow cotton in the stash so I decided on white. Trouble is I am sewing back on my little Brother Super Ace 3 and it doesn't have a large upright spool holder. Nothing some bluetack, a pencil, cardboard and some masking tape can't fix though! I'm half way down the second side of yellow and Its working perfectly.

4 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Looks great Helen. You are so innovative! (Byneedleandthread)

Leah said...

Love the effect of pebbles - and well done on your crafty fix :)

LittleWhiteDove said...

He he, very resourceful!

Millie said...

Clever girl, you! The quilt is looking great.