Monday, August 08, 2011

DQS#11 Finished!

While watching the finale of a certain reality TV cooking show last night, I finally got around to sewing on the label for mt dolls quilt for DQS#11.

It's all finished! It measures 17 inches square exactly. Lucky, as the rules were 18 inches and under. I used a polka dot binding from some material my sister sent up last month. I know my partner likes polka dots!

The quilting was quite simple in the end. With the smaller tulips just a square around them and then a square around the outer.

And the same with the larger flowers as well as around the largest petal. Thought I would do it in white rather than a red or yellow so it added some contrast. My partner indicated that they do not require a hanger as discussed here. So that solves that problem for me!


5 comments:

Cindy said...

This is lovely. Well done.

Leanne said...

Your quilt is wonderful, every part of it.

Riel Nason said...

So fresh and pretty - I'm sure your partner will love it!!!

Ruth's Place said...

It's wonderful!

The Humming Cat said...

O h I like that, something different to your norm though.