Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Around the Block Update!

Due to the road closures, mail has been slow getting up here. So it was with great excitement I got two packages for my round of the Around The Block Swap today! This one above is from Abbe. Thank you Abbe, I like how the dark green and white dots are just one line.

And this one from our lovely leader, Sheridan. Thank you Sheridan! My thoughts turned today to "I wonder what swap Sheridan will organize next......"

And this one from Becky. This one actually came the other week but I put it aside to blog together with the next one. Thanks Becky!

And I have been trying to sew a few with the scraps as they come back. So I made this one....

And this one! They are very therapeutic to sew.

So you put them all together, and you get this! These are just randomly placed. 16 blocks so far. Just for my notes, there are 4 x 12.5 inch blocks. 3 x 8.5 plus 5 x 4 inch blocks. 5 x 4 by 6.5 inch blocks. 4 x 10.5 with lots of little 2.5 inch squares. Looking good!

10 comments:

AJ said...

WOW!!! Looking great! I bet Grace loves it!

Michele said...

Wow! It looks spectacular! Love the colors and composition!

Lisa said...

Just smashing! Wonderful outcome

Amy said...

very nice.I love the colors.

Bailey said...

I love this! I've always wanted to make one but could never figure out how they work. I see it a little better now that I see your individual blocks. I love it!!

felicity said...

Super awesome! More inspiration for my own Jeweled Squares quilt!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Great work, see you at SIT on Saturday - Kelli told me i had to check you out, yahoo, love Posie

Poppyprint said...

I just love your blocks altogether in the layout. There is so much movement in there it's really fun too look at! Well done Gracie, too!

Jan said...

Oh that is gorgeous. Hope the roads clear soon, must be frustrating to say the least.

Community Association Management said...

Wonderful and superb color combination, your post is really nice.