Saturday, March 09, 2013

Scrappy Trip Around The World Top Finished.

I had my real life quilting group today, I'm going along this year. I took these blocks with the intention of finishing this top and wolah, I did. We had a fantastic thunderstorm go through while I was there, came home to a flooded backyard! The dark brown squares are jumping out in this, but to be honest I don't really care, I'm over it! Have reached the "I just want it finished stage" and I still have no idea who this quilt is for. I decided to make this as I saw so many lovely ones around on blogs but now I have finished the top, I don't think its really me, I should stick to making stuff I like. Lesson learnt.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh I love this! I'm so sorry to hear it's not to your taste. But someone will love it I'm sure (pick me, pick me! LOL)

Karen said...

I also love this quilt, I'm so tempted to make one myself!

willywagtail said...

It's gorgeous. Keep it for a picnic quilt where lots of other appreciative people will see it too. I've just been looking at other scrappy trip quilt wishing I had the fortitude to make one but with two other quilts on the boil - or rather warming - I just know I never will get it done. I like these style because they are scrappy like me and they ooze a warm family feeling. Cherrie

Jackie said...

When you mentioned the brown squares sticking out to you, I thought to my self "brown?" I didn't even notice any! It didn't stick out to me at all. Beautiful quilt!

Meredith said...

I love it too. Great work. Nice idea to use it as a picnic quilt.

Aliceart said...

It's too bad that you spent time on a project you don't like, but it happens to us all, doesn't it? I assure you it will make someone VERY happy to receive this lovely quilt. I've wanted to make one of these too, but haven't yet because I love the bright new fabrics that everyone is using and mine are dull and muted. I love your quilt, and it reassures me that this pattern will work for me, too. Thank you for sharing it.

Michele said...

Gorgeous!

Cathy H said...

your quilt is beautiful.....

Annette said...

its lovely, I've collected my strips but have had to give my sewing room to my GD for a couple of weeks. I plan on using mine for a BBQ tablecloth with a clear plastic cover...

Quiltdivajulie said...

I made one of these a few years back - kept it for a while but donated it within the first year. Totally understand the "stick to what is me" comment!!!!!

Poppyprint said...

I'm sorry you are not enamored with your quilt - it's so colourful and fun! I completely understand, though because I've had the same thing happen to me. Maybe once it's finished you'll change your mind or one of the girls will claim it.