Friday, December 17, 2010

Kate C's Blocks.

Hi my name is Helen and I used to blog and quilt. I feel I have fallen off the wagon. This month has just been crazy. It just seems like yesterday that Daz graduated and we arrived here. And now the school year is over, we all survived! The last few weeks have been full of graduations, celebrations and goodbyes of new friends made. Plus a quick trip up to Darwin solo for me for some medical stuff. School finished yesterday to a sigh of relief. We have 6 weeks stretched in front of us all! 6 glorious weeks. So seeing as though I haven't sewn anything for awhile, thought I'd throw myself back into it today and did these two blocks for Kate for Around the Block 2.

I followed this tutorial here. Hope you like them Kate, they were great to sew. Nice to warm up to after being away for what seems like awhile. I can turn my attention to a few projects that have been stewing in the back of my mind. Let the quilting begin!

6 comments:

AJ said...

Welcome Back!! I have missed you! Chat soon!

Shari said...

I remember those primary school years well - crazy time of year! So glad your time up there is so good for you. And have fun catching up with some sewing! Enjoy your summer break!

Cass said...

Welcome back you've been missed. Hope all is ok medically. Oh and the blocks look great

Jan said...

Oh so glad your back, you have been missed. Lover that block.ow wonderful now that you all have 6 weeks to have fun in.
Best wishes.

Millie said...

You do a great job, and have a lot of things going on. Give yourself a break. Enjoy the vacation time. The blocks are wonderful.

hugs,
Lynne

Poppyprint said...

Lovely blocks, congrats on the year end! Hope all was/is well post Darwin trip. Enjoy your family holiday time!