Monday, April 02, 2007

The heart block building.


So I started with the heart. Looking back now I'm not sure how I did it! Sort of took one scrap, sewed it, ironed it, slashed a bit off then matched up another scrap to form a shape.


Then I added some blue strips of other scraps sewn together to form the first border. I have cropped the photo here but below when I sewed on the second round of strips I left it untrimmed for the photo, just for some visual contrast! I think just one more border of strips and then it will be ready to join with all the square blocks. I did have 3 blocks left over so I unpicked them and used them for the strips too.

4 comments:

AJ said...

Wow Helen you don't muck around do you!! LOL I'm hoping to start mine over the Easter break. I was going you use red too...something a bit different though....still planning!

Natalie said...

It's looking great Helen! I love the colours and the heart looks fantastic too.

Unknown said...

Oh Helen, this looks fabulous! I love the bright red with the blues. It is very eye catching.

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

Wonderful! I always enjoy your color choices!